Monday, January 18, 2010

Summer Daze

Poppy loves any excuse to get out in the sun with her paint brush, Caleb usually needs a bit of persuasion. I am always fascinated by sibling differences, perhaps because I never had one.
This is Poppy's beautiful brown drawing, all her pictures are always brown even though she starts out with yellow, blue, green and red as she tries to get every drop of paint on the paper, or her, or the ground. She has to have the painting smock on and still coats her clothes. She loves dripping the water all over too. I guess the polite description is to say she is 'open to creativity' and exactly like, umm well me.
This is Caleb's beautiful coloured neat creation. He manages to not even get any on his hands and likes to think before paint brush goes to paper - this is definately in Dad's light. These are the pirate islands for a treasure map.
I love both styles!

6 comments:

Aussie-waffler said...

But the main thing is that they both look pretty darn pleased with their efforts, and rightly so :)

One Flew Over said...

The kids look like they had a fantastic time with the brushes x

Sally said...

We are enjoying creating with paints this summer too... mr almost 3's favourite colour is brown - he says as much and always makes that colour too!
Personally having lived in 70s/80s homes for what seems like eternity there isn't a colour I detest more!!!
I love the clear crisp colours of Caleb's picture but my boy would fall over himself admiring Poppy's work.

Nikki said...

I love that siblings can be so different Cindy. Keeps us guessing!

Monique said...

Your two painting look exactly like my two painting. We can wrap Missy in garbage bags and paint will still find a way onto her. The Rosoter walks away without a spot. Its incredible isn't it!

Anonymous said...

In my experience it's a boy/girl thing. Amelia will craft and draw all day long, and Lachlan needs to be directed to produce, only occasionally picking up paper and pencil even at nearly 7 yo!

I've been woosing out on the painting front, encouraging the seriously messy arts at kinder etc - so good on you Mum!

Lx