Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Autumn Pinnie

I finally have some sewing to show for the markets. I am calling this an autumn pinnie but Poppy has been wearing hers today with nothing underneath and it is a stinker (40 degrees plus) so I guess it is all seasons. It is a cute shimmery pink denim with circle squirrely, owl pockety goodness (those Japanese can do some great stuff with a bit of cloth.) I even got to use my new binding foot on the pink and white spot collar - oohh fancy. I will show you it in action later in the week.

In other news I think Caleb is busting to hang out with some people under 5 foot and kinder can not come soon enough. He has just started though story telling, which is so cool (especially for an aspergers kid who usually just have facts on the brain). I am amused no end on the tales of the brave knight Caleb and the naughty princess Poppy - so funny!

12 comments:

Liesl said...

Its divine. Love the spots and cute animal print. How I wish I could dress Argy and Bargy in pinnies! Can't wait to see how this magic binding foot works.

PS. There are two under-five-footers waiting to play with Knight Caleb and Princess Poppy again this week (as long as the story can incorporate a few trains and diggers).

Sarah-Jo said...

delish! the denim is fantastic and the japanese circle pocket super cute

I cant wait to start making some autumn pinnies for Iris Ive bought some super fine cord and some hilco velveteen just for that reason...looks like i will have to add denim to the list of fabrics to buy hahahaa that denim pinnie is devine!

Amber said...

Oh the pinnie looks great. I love it.
As for Caleb...how cute. What an excited little brave night you have.

Sharon said...

It's lovely! I really like the binding!

CurlyPops said...

What? There's a binding foot? Are you serious? Please please please can you show us?
Gorgeous pinnie... I wish Moo Moo would wear a dress.

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

I really love the new pinnie, so, so sweet and definitely tran-seasonal.

Love the stories Caleb is spinning - very cute.

katie@weheartbooks.com said...

Just discovered your blog via PottyMouthMama, it's lovely and I love your pinny. I will be back and will try to get to Mathilda's Market...

sophie said...

Love the pinnie. Absolutely beautiful.

CAN'T wait for school to go back - the kids are desperate for some mental stimulation!

Beth said...

I'm a big fan of this one, it's absolutely gorgeous. The little japanese animal print is a definite favourite of mine too (I've got quite a bit of that one myself!). The pink binding matches so well too!

Damn, I wish adult clothes were as cute and simple to make, cos I'd love one like that. I can never work out how to account for the bust! hehehe

Anonymous said...

That is one gorgeous pinnie! Love the combination of the grey and pink with the cute japanese fabric accent. And way to go Caleb - that's so cute :-)

Little Munchkins said...

Oh how cute! I love it and I know DD would too.

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

It's so lovely Cindy. Absolutely gorgeous.

It was so lovely to meet you the other day.