Sunday, August 3, 2008

This is ... My Trade Secret

I don't know if I am sophisticated enough to have a trade secret, the Three button's This is suggestion from bollewangenhaptoet, though I do think that Miss Three button's summed it up perfectly.
I have found that covered buttons are great to have in my sewing artillery. It means no matter what fabric I have something that compliments and I don't have to run to Spotlight every week. They are also fairly reasonably priced if you buy in bulk. I just got some from this lovely lady with free shipping - yeah - I hate postage.

3 comments:

Jacinta said...

Thanks for the link. I think these fabric covered buttons are lovely and they add such a personal touch and detail.

CurlyPops said...

Welcome to blogland!
I've never tried the self covering buttons but it's such a fab idea that I might just have to buy some!

Amelia said...

fantastic secret. i have a package of them lying around somewhere, i'll have to give it a go. i did something similar recently when i couldn't find the right buttons to match a knit i was making, so i did yarn covered buttons instead. worked really well. it's 11:26pm here in the US and i still haven't done my this is. oh well, tomorrow ...