Wednesday, July 21, 2010

An Apple a Day

 ice cream apples 004I broke the rules on this one quite a bit. The original pattern has a V in the middle of the yoke, but since the Kokka Apples is quite heavy I opted to leave it straight.

ice cream apples 002I also changed the pocket details to an asymmetrical apple in red cord and added some Perle 8 embroidery for the stalk. The red stitching on the denim seemed an important detail so that altered the yoke joining method but still with a similar result. You should never be afraid to give a bit of yourself into a pattern I reckonice cream apples 009

14 comments:

Liesl said...

Its really divine! Doesn't she look sweet in her beautiful new dress?

(Of course I love the addition of the corduroy apples!!)

Andi said...

Very gorgeous.
Love the apple pocket!!

Bellgirl said...

How lovely! I can't resist anything with red apples ;)

CurlyPops said...

Love this Cindy! It's supercute.

Ellieboo said...

Just gorgeous Cindy - its turned really lovely

Cass said...

Looks good love the apple fabric

teddybearswednesday said...

Oh my goodness CIndy, it's stunning. I love the apple pocket! You are amazing xo

Megan.K. said...

Another gorgeous frock - that sweet girl of yours is so lucky to have you and your creative talents Cindy
xo

Adriana said...

It's beautiful.
I love red stitching on denim!

Sally said...

You break the rule so well. It is delightful. So very wonderful.
Poppy looks so goregous... and is growing up so fast!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! Love the apple denim combo. I'm inspired to give my ice cream dress disaster another go!

Kate said...

Love the apple fabric and pocket.

Evie said...

this is so sweet i love the apple applique to compliment the material.
oh and breaking rules is the fun way to do things ; )

Karin van D. said...

I love that little apple. It's a really cute dress!