Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Me leave it till the last minute – Never

Poppy Bag 001Poppy Bag 002

So the dinner conversation tonight may have sounded like “Hmm dear, why is dinner burnt?” It is not often that I cook and now we remember why. Somehow trying to grab the last few rays of light before the eve so that I could take a photo of Poppy’s new bag for Child care for the blog really didn’t sound like a great excuse to anyone that doesn’t have a blog.

I have been admiring lots of crafty lady backpacks lately but this is a pretty basic one   that I made the night before (do you see a trend) without a pattern or any real idea. I used a cute Japanese print I had in the stash. Even though it was canvas weight I still used interfacing on all faces and lined it and made straps with the hearts also from the stash.

Can’t stand around and chat, I have to finish up Caleb’s chair bag for his first day of prep, ummm, tomorrow. Nothing like a deadline.

8 comments:

Andi said...

Sew Mama Sew!!!!

teddybearswednesday said...

hey Cindy, big thoughts and good luck wishes and good wishes for Caleb's first day tomorrow for him and you. Hope all goes great .xo

Sarah-Jo said...

LOVE it! it looks awesome I want one or two hahaha well done cindy!

CurlyPops said...

I've been admiring all of those lovely backpacks too. The pink is so sweet!

Cass said...

Looks great Cindy, nothing like a last minute deadline to get you sewing

Karen said...

That's really lovely Cindy - nice stuff to have in the stash too I might add!
Hope today went well and Calbe has a ball.

Tania said...

You know what I reckon? After opting out of markets and demanding a general slow down, you're doing more than ever before! Lovely stuff Mrs.

Sally said...

Awesome. I love your backpack. You're one talented lady to be able to knock that up so quickly. Super You!