Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Place and Yours - 2 for 1

Gee when you write my place 2 for 1 it sounds a little dodgier than I think that it should! I have been meaning to join in with Pip's new meme for a week and a half now and I have finally gotten around to it.
This is the shelf above my computer, where I spend most of my day. I have my beloved Black Apple brother and sister and a collection of statues that Glen has bought me over the years - I am not sure why he does, I am not really an ornament kinda girl, but I love them all. The set of green canisters belonged to my Nan and one of my favourite possessions, except they hold pencils instead of sago.The bedside is a little less interesting but I didn't want to style. These are all that's left from a beautiful bunch of flowers that Glen got me when we went out to dinner weeks ago. The orchids have seen better days but I still can't throw them out, I think that they are still divine. The other table has a TV and DVD player on it, which we never watch. Poppy likes to sit down there and chill out in her own little space, big brother free. She wont watch TV (Wiggles not included), but will watch DVD's ?? At least it gives me chance to get some stuff done without "Poppy do" being screeched at you. So if anyone is in the mood for a little Thomas before bed (the tank engine that is, in case there are anymore like minds with Liesl), you know where to go. Bought to you by the fabulous Queen Lexi and the kingdom of endless roadside rubbish.

5 comments:

Liesl said...

That Miss Poppy obviously likes to be in control ... you can't rewind TV!

I can't imagine what kind of hits you'll be getting on this post with "my place and yours - 2 for 1" and "in the mood for a little Thomas before bed"!!

meetmeatmikes said...

I love the Sago cannister! How cool is that. I bet you are the only person in the whole wide world with SAGO in their room! You ARE special. Yes. You. Are. Thanks for owling last night with us. See you super soon! x

Michelle said...

What lovely treasures you have, Black Apple dolls, sago cannisters but my favourite is that gorgeous lamp on your bedside table. I love it!

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

That Sago cannister is gorgeous. I don't even know what sago is so I wouldn't keep sago in there either! I love all your treasures, gorgeous. And I love that Poppy steals some quiet 'alone' time watching DVDS ONLY! x

Aussie-waffler said...

I dig your Betty-Boos, I totally do.