Monday, May 4, 2009

Week-end Good Stuff and Eye Spy ... My New Favourite Blog


We had a great week-end enjoying the brief sunshine break. The kids ran riot at the museum on Sat and Sunday we hit the park trying to desperately trying to get some product shots for the Mathilda's market without letting the kids know they were being helpful. What do you think? I would love to have the time to work on my limited photography skills, on the to do list

It is no secret that Jhoanna makes some amazing things, Poppy is the very proud owner of a One Red Robin bear and I think that she has managed to pick a great theme for the week, thanks so much. I love a new blog find so please make sure you add your link in so we can find your treasures. I hope everyone is loving Mr Linky as much as I am. I think it makes it so much easier for anyone to join in whenever they feel like it, I am so for the no pressure thing. I have so many blogs that I love, but a few of my most recent-ish finds are from other blog recommendations. At Pigeon Pair I discovered the fabulous foodie Mishka La Mushka, go over and drool and Myrtle and Eunice who has crafty goodness, gorgeous photos and some great free tutorials. Via PottyMouthMama I discovered HomeGirl who is like all kinds of cool and I so want to move in as they always look like they are having a blast.
I am hoping Monique at A Glass Half Full can help us out with a theme for next week.

I am sorry I am late again posting, I am feeling a little stretched lately. Glen has started full-time work, for the first time in nearly 5 years so we are all getting use to our new work load. The good news is that Glen is really enjoying it which is a great change. Mum leaves on Wednesday so I will need to take more time off the day job to look after Poppy Cake which means more drafting at night. There seems too be quite a few people around blogland feeling the same "Mum doing everything syndrome" so I have a plan. In this day of modern technology, you should be able to alter the suns orbit, just a little so I can get a 28 hour day. That is not too much to ask, is it, and I think an extra 4 hours a day is all I need as long as I can convince the little ones to sleep for that extra time and we know that wont be a problem.

15 comments:

trash said...

yeah. No. Good luck with that altering orbit thing. Let me know how you get on ;-)

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Oh please, please, please, get those extra 4 hours for all of us! You'd be the hero for so many of us.

Love your links, and I've finally joined in with Eye Spy!

Christina Lowry said...

Oh, four more hours! Yes please! Although I don't think mine will sleep through it...
:)

sophie said...

If you end up with a way to make the day longer, please tell me, I REALLY need 4 extra hours.

I really like the first photo of Poppy, the colours are gorgeous and you can get a really good feel of her clothes.

Katy said...

What beautifully dressed kiddies :-)

Mon @ bpab said...

A great idea to take the kids to the playground with desired clothing on to shoot! I like it.... May try it one day.
Linky dink is working a treat. Well done with that idea!!
Will investigate all the blogs.... will need those extra 4 hours a day for all the blog reading! Ha!

Mon @ bpab said...

I've awarded you the Queen of All things Awe-summm! Come over and pick it up sometime when you're not busy being awe-summm. x

Mish Delish said...

Thanks so much for the link. Happy cooking :-) x

Jhoanna said...

Love the photos! Your little one looks so happy in that sunshine :-) I'm so glad you enjoyed the theme - I really liked the ones you've picked especially the Mishka blog - I am no cook but I do love blogs that inspire me to do it more often (like her blog).

I can totally relate to how you are feeling - I am (unhappily) counting down the days until I go back to work full-time (next month). Those extra four hours would definitely come in handy!

home girl said...

oh wow thanks for the mention - i love attention! these action photos showcase your designs really well, my fav is the one of caleb scooting past the succulent. poppy looks adorable too - love the retro vibe x

Tania said...

Very sweet of you indeedy! Am considered very honoured to be on such a list. Now I'm afraid I had to bend the rules (Favourite New To Me Blogs)- does this mean I am struck off?

Megan.K. said...

I like your plan!

If anyone could alter the orbit it would be a busy mama :)

And the action shots of the kiddos are great too.

x

Sharon said...

Oh yes please! An extra 4 hours in a day would be fab!

Fresh Poppy Design said...

Thanks for the linky! cute blog

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.