Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Creative Space

This is what happens when children are left alone and quiet while upstairs, this is my poor creative space after Poppy spread every button and scrap of fabric I own all over the floor. I am in my usually after market slump so motivation to spend the day cleaning it up hasn't yet come to me. (I am a day late as it has taken me that long to find my camera under the piles of crap on my desk if that is an indication of the state of my house at tthe moment)
I do love doing the markets, but when I decided to start doing them last year to now, a lot of our life has changed. Glen has gone back to work full-time, I am now Poppy's prime carer, in school holidays I am in charge of amusing both and trying to get work done, there have been reduced hours in my 'real' job so less money - nothing bad but stuff that has made the time and dedication needed a little stretched over the last few months. Now I feel like the caged bird let free. I am busting at the seams to get started on stuff that doesn't need a time constraint, things I can take the time to try just because I want to. In our house we call 'specials' anything we don't want anyone to get their hands on - that is what I want to create, some specials for the kids and Glen and for something even more novel , maybe even me. I want to have time to blog and comment like I use to because I really enjoy it. I want to try and go back to all the lovely people that commented, especially on the Poppy posts and say my deepest thank-you as part of us is still haunted. I am also looking forward to enjoying Brown Owls and Perle 8 evenings. Having said that I am thinking of designs for the market at the end of November but looking forward to taking it easy. So I guess after that ramble, my creative space, under that mess, is full of anticipation.
Check out Kirsty's House o' School holiday fun for more creative spaces.

13 comments:

Kirsty said...

Yep...there's a bit of that going around I think.

Leave the mess - it's charming.

sophie said...

I think it's a very common post market feeling. It's strange to work so hard for an event, for it then to be over and now it's time to focus on something else...I have just started school holidays now so I think my time will just be with the kids. I would like to do a bit of 'fun' sewing, nothing for markets, just stuff for us and friends.

BTW, Evie got into my fabric dye (dark blue) when I was on the phone...I had to throw away her clothes, she looked like a huge blueberry!

june at noon said...

Hoo, what fun for you! We have had this happen with buttons so far, but that's been the extent of it. Once my second child gets a little older I've a feeling I'm in for it!

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Oh dear! Bet she wasn't too popular after that. Mess seems to be a very large part of life with children doesn't it? But don't they always look so lovely when they are asleep?!

Leonie Guld said...

I call my kids "seek" and "destroy" !!! Thanks for sharing the mess, it made me fell very normal!!

JustJess said...

I agree with Kirsty - leave it! It will keep a smile on your face. It's hard to get to everything. I have huge trouble visiting those who I want to but the great thing about this online community is that it understands. :)

Jemma. said...

I'm sorry, but I just had to laugh... ! Maybe Poppy is showing some early signs of Pollack-esque creativity? You can only hope :)

Stomper Girl said...

I love that under your mess you have anticipation and creativity waiting to happen. Under my mess at the moment I think there's just carpet!

Tania said...

It's always when things go quiet, that you just KNOW that those little poppets are up to the biggest mischief. I'll say this for Poppy, she's thorough! If there's any consolation my studio is looking as much of a mess all on my own!

Selina said...

oh, I love how you said,
"So I guess after that ramble, my creative space, under that mess, is full of anticipation."
such a great post. I hope you get everything you want.
Selina xx

flossy-p said...

Gulp! Poppy sure made a good job of that! At least you know she enjoys fabric and buttons, which is very important in any girls life ;)

Good luck taking your time back. :)

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Sounds like life is keeping you busy as always. I know what you mean about finding time to do the things you enjoy. I've enjoyed taking some time this afternoon and catching up on all your news.

home girl said...

hello sorry i've been out of touch am still hoping we can re-arrange our plans to meet up soon. hope the market went well - next time id love to see a photo of you and your stall, must have been a hoot with lovely PMM at your side. this photo made me laugh - such a familiar feeling that not knowing whether to laugh or cry at the mess. day two at my new uncluttered house and it is already sinking back into chaos and mayhem. i can't win. they seem to have superhuman mess making powers! will b in touch xx