Sunday, July 26, 2009

Eye Spy ... Beauty

I am super lucky, but sometimes I get wrapped up in life and forget to look around. Today - Poppy especially - I would lovingly call a tad feral. We tried lots of short term amusements and lots of short fuses. This is her face as soon as Dad got home after work where he had been on his feet all day and I am sure just wanted to sit down. She insisted that he take her out on the trampoline and her whole demeanour changed. I am so lucky to have children with a man that is so proud to be a Dad. He isn't perfect at it, and has been known to drive me nuts (I don't know who loves a fart joke more - Glen or Caleb), but the love that he has for them is nothing short of beautiful. It is even more special since after the city incident Poppy was a little anti-Dad for a while, best she remember who is the soft touch.
Thanks to Stacey for this weeks great theme, she is even having a sale in her shop too if you are in need of knitted beauty. I am hoping that Hoppo Bumpo can help us out next week. You can join in anytime, just add your link after you have posted below so we can all find you.
Also don't forget there is still a few days left for the giveaway.

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Absolutely gorgeous photo - captures the love beautifully

xx

CurlyPops said...

That's such a sweet photo.

Miss Muggins said...

That is such a beautiful photo, and even more beautiful story. Hands on dads are the greatest!

Jessi said...

OH MY GOD! that city incident is the scariest thing i have ever read!! what the hell was happening in that man's mind???? i am shocked!

but yes that is a gorgeous photo x

Mon @ bpab said...

Just lovely! We love our daddy too.

Monique said...

Cindy, that photo is truly beautiful. You should frame it and put it somewhere special in your house.

sophie said...

Cindy, what an amazing photo, it is just stunning.

Leah said...

Life can take over and I know I need to remind myself that my kids will only be little for so long, Stopping and enjoying the moment is always a good thing.. a photo is even better. so sweet

Liesl said...

Its such a fabulous photo of both of them. And such a lovely post to go with it ... that really is true beauty.

Thank you for letting me pick next week's theme!

Lauren said...

That's a fabulous shot!

Anastasia said...

what a happy and beautiful shot - pure joy!!

Nikki said...

The funny thing about kids is that they make you so busy that you get wrapped uyp in life... but they can make you stop and see what life is all about.