Sunday, July 19, 2009

Eye Spy ... Something I Should use

I am not really into keeping 'special' things, I like stuff to get used. Better to have something broken and loved than intact and dusty. Admittedly there may be a little bit in my fabric stash that is yet to be used, but I do usually have a purpose for it when I buy it. I just run out of time to get it all done - that is my excuse any way and you are not going to get me to budge on it. There is one thing though, I wish I could channel my inner Playschool in getting crafty with the kids. We do lots of outdoor things, playing games, etc but when it comes to getting them both together to do an art activity I do struggle. Caleb like most boys, especially with asperger's are really not crafty by nature so I am super excited that he is just getting into drawing so I really want to capture his imagination since he avoids it at kinder. So this morning we got out the drawing goodies, still in our pj's and got scribbling. Ice cream rewards are always good too.
Thanks Bird Bath for this week's great motivating theme. I am hoping that Sheeps Clothing (knitting goddess) can help us out with next week's theme. You can join in anytime, just add your link after you have posted below so we can all find you.

12 comments:

Tania said...

Drawing has lately become a much pursued activity around here - and probably the only one where the two eldest are guaranteed to not compete - they seem to waft off into their own therapeutic little worlds!

(and thank you for your very sweet comment leaving)

Liesl said...

Great photos of the kids - they look like they are having a ball.

And I have seen something that I think I should use. Clearly I have been lacking the ice cream rewards to tempt Argy into arts and crafts!

trash said...

I never really did drawing with Princess Curly-Wurly before she went to pre-school (nearly three) b/c she never seemed to show much interest. However since then I have discovered a world of fun crafty/arty stuff to do with smalls. Some mucky, some not.

Marble painting is fun and fairly containable, a sided tin with flour is fun to use when yourfinger is the pencil. I have a cracking recipe for homemade playdough too if you want it.

Does Caleb like music? My kids' preschool used to get the smalls to draw a particular shape or pattern to a 30 sec burst of music. That was great fun too.

Have loads more ideas if you are interested drop me an email. :-)

Jennifer Rose said...

def. encourage the drawing as it can help so much :) I know plenty of boys that are crafty tho, just more crafty with tools and metal :)

Jeana Marie said...

happy monday! i am glad to have met you on the weekend, looking forward to see what you do with your multitasker :)

Miss Muggins said...

Looks like you are doing just fine. Outdoor play is very beneficial to children's development. Was the icecream for breakfast? If so can I come and live at your house?

sophie said...

That looks like a perfect morning activity! Treats are so important, I never forget them.

Karen said...

Looks like lots of fun Cindy.
My two like to do this in the evening while I get dinner ready and then we use what they have drawn on big sheets for the table mats or cloth!
Great to meet you on Saturday.

bec said...

Hmm, I agree, I should have more of that stuff too. I should still do more of it, and sewing with her as well. Luckily, she'll do drawing on her own now, it's other play I have to do.

Mon @ bpab said...

Looks like the kids are enjoying themselves in your photos. I have to put all the drawing stuff up high, so La doesn't draw all over the house! So I forget about the art supplies half of the time.
We made sparkly wands the other day... posted a how to on my blog. Pretty no fuss DIY. Enjoy your weekend.

Stacey said...

What a cute pic!
My boys love drawing and its so nice to see them doing something quiet and crafty as opposed to their usual rough and tumble.
Thanks for inviting me to submit a theme. It's been fun!

Lisa said...

I've signed myself up to start Eye Spy!