Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Creative Space

I am still mucking around with Poppy's picnic blanket. I have bought on EBay this week a cute picnic basket that I can fill with crockery and felt food so I am pretty excited (sad but true).
The plans have changed a little though, I was originally going to add in all the fabric bits that I had, but after Glen turned his nose up at it, asking what the very busy thing was. I am thinking I may stick to just red, pink and duck egg blue, still busy but the green and yellow was really distracting. Glen then suggested that it should be much bigger for everyone to sit on, and I have been thinking that may be a valid point so Inow it will be twice as big. Off to Perle 8's tonight, scrap box and rotary cutter in tow.
More creative spaces over at Kirsty's house, be quick because she IS moving in to a new house tomorrow!

11 comments:

Cate Lawrence said...

Gorgeous colours!

Kirsty said...

The picnic blanket in progress looks wonderful!

kellie said...

this is such a great idea and looks lovely! and a picnic basket as well ~ that is SO exciting!

Unknown said...

It is busy..But in the best way!!! :)

CurlyPops said...

I love a bit of busy patchwork...it adds to the interest!

Leah said...

Kiz Love buzy, dont they? i mean thats what they are Buzy all the bloddy time! I love it. Have fun tonight.

Aussie-waffler said...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with getting excited about a picnic basket and felt food. Woo hoo I say :) x

tea with lucy said...

Such a fantastic collection of colour. You couldn't help but feel cheery lying on it in the sun!

teddybearswednesday said...

I think it's very exciting about the basket and the felt food etc, and not sad at all! Perhaps not too reassuring though from the girl who one of the big highlights of my trip to the US was a wool/yarn shop :)
THe blanket/quilt is really looking gorgeous. Love everything about it.

sophie said...

I think the busier the better!! I love the idea of a scrap quilt, i want to make one one day!

Alisa : Ink Caravan said...

Oh, I absolutely adore patchwork picnic rugs. Gorgeous! : )