Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Creative Space

It has all been about spring and sunshine this week and look at this beautiful Melbourne Spring day, how could it not be! Not that I am complaining, our house doesn't like sweating.
I bought this fabric this week from the fab Kelaini and am actually going to make myself a dress - shock horror - sewing for me. I was feeling a little inspires after seeing Sophie's wardrobe efoorts. It may take a few months until I get to it on my list but I do have a serious love affair with this material.
Madly making dresses for the Mathilda's Market too, hmm perhaps I should line them with polar fleece. At least the bright colours are a splash of things to come. I was hoping to get a few more finished last night, but Poppy was being so mean to Caleb (a little actin gout since Nana left on Monday) that he got to sleep in our bed and it got to 9:30 (early for me) and both the boys looked so cozy I couldn't resist but jumping in too.
More creative spaces at the Kirsty's house. Pop over and give her a :-)
Guinea pig update - we do have 2 girls so Sid was the 2 for 1 kind of deal, well 5 for 1 really. We have 2 girls and 1 boy and the other she needs to re-check when they get a bit bigger. I think the little girls will stay and since we don't want a repeat the boys can move on to new homes.

19 comments:

Melissa G said...

Sounds like an ultra busy time for you. The bird fabric is gorgeous.

Vic said...

Oh I adore those little dresses!!

yardage girl said...

Lovely fabric and good on you for making something for yourself. Now we just need to organise some sun to wear it in!

Megan.K. said...

Lots to love here Cindy! It's a busy time of year - wishing you the best time at matildas... I still have never been to one! Might try to make it to next Brisbane one...

Kirsty said...

Just so much action at your place Cindy...multiplying gp's & dresses too.

One Flew Over said...

Loving those dresses and that fabric - delish!

sophie said...

oh my goodness - that fabric!!!! so beautiful, will make a stunning summer dress for sure.

Kylie said...

I love that fabric! Good luck with the dress and the markets :) K

Unknown said...

Those dresses are too cute. And that fabric would make a suberb dress. Hope you get to it soon!

kellie said...

Gorgeous fabric. And good luck with the markets. Next week it is supposed to warm up ... hopefully!

Gina said...

Wow, good luck with making a dress for yourself Cindy! How fabulous. I'll look forward to following along with that one...

Kate said...

Oh a dress for yourself. How exciting and its going to be gorgeous with that fabric. I can't seem to get gooing with my summer sewing in this weather either.

Aussie-waffler said...

Yes, you simply must make a dress for you. With all those adorable little birds it will be super gorgeous I'm sure.

Rachael said...

I wish I had just a tiny, tiny bit of your energy! Go you!

Nikki said...

Sewing for you? What is that? Good for you Cindy. Do you need to set a deadline so it doesn't keep moving down on the To Do list? How about a new outfit for Christmas Day??

Karin van Dam said...

Can't wait to see how that dress for yourself will turn out, Cindy. Are you going to use an existing pattern or are you going to draft one yourself?

Angie said...

I'm also about to do some sewing for ME, yep finally all those patterns I've collected might now be used! Plus then I can stop wearing maternity gear!

Sally said...

Hope you find time to make the dress for yourself before Christmas. The fabric looks devine!

Michelle said...

Ooh! That's really beautiful fabric! Can't wait to see the finished product.