Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Creative Space

One of the Christmas present ideas I have for Poppy is a picnic quilted rug to double as a place for tea parties and a little spot of morning tea at the park. I have been rummaging through the scrap box to see what I can find though I did love the idea of fabric shopping I wanted to explore the stash and scraps first. I had drawn up a quilt pattern on the computer, which is how I plan all my quilts. I want to challenge myself instead to make an abstract, unplanned one - I am in no way a perfectionist, but I do like to think through my ideas before I throw myself in. The best from the pile is coming to Perle 8's tonight (weather permitting, and by weather I mean Poppy) for me to Multi-task into usable shapes.
More creative goodies at Kirsty's. I am hoping I can make it to the Redwork tomorrow night, depending on the Poppy-factor as well.

Thank you for all the lovely supportive comments after yesterday. Today I am feeling much more buoyant and I have a plan in place, just have to make it to Christmas - easy!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh thats been in the back of my mind too! A lovely play quilt for my owlets... I'll look forward to seeing how yours progresses :)

Aussie-waffler said...

Tea parties and morning tea in the park.....sounds utterly adorable.

Andi said...

I've just made a picnic rug / quilt for my daughter's 4th birthday.
Maybe I'll bring it tonight?
Andi :-)

Unknown said...

I bet it will be lovely and loved....I need to make one before the baby comes to keep in the car for park days with the 2yr old..

Kylie said...

Great idea - I love a bit of creative anarchy every once in a while... and it's great for relieving the guilt of the ever-increasing fabric stash too, isn't it?!! K

teddybearswednesday said...

Sounds like a gorgeous present to me, lucky girl!!! ALso loving the fabrics choices here! Can't wait to see it! x

Gina said...

Oh how I would love to have someone to play tea-parties with! Might just have to make myself a picnic quilt rug.
I hope the 'weather' is all clear tonight and tomorrow... x G

One Flew Over said...

If you need any more scraps am happy to let you loose it my scrap stash!

sophie said...

I am totally the opposite of you, I am a complete just myself in and hope for the best kind of girl. I love your gift idea, gorgeous fabrics you got there!

Beck said...

What a lovely idea and the fabrics are very pretty and colourful. Today would be the perfect day for a picnic xo

Nikki said...

It sounds like you did do some fabric shopping, just in the "Stash'n'Scraps" rather than a shop. It was very disciplined of you to look at home first but it does look like you have some beautiful fabric to work with.

Fingers crossed the beautiful sunny weather outside matches the weather in your home!

midge said...

a lovely project to use on the sunny days ahead

Debra said...

a beautiful gift for your little one ..a forever treasure :)

Peta @ Pippiwillow said...

Beside being jealous of your abilty to create a blanket from scraps I am completely intrigued by the drawing up of the design on the computer.! I cant wait to see what you come up with. Peta

kellie said...

Such a sweet idea for a gift. And some lovely fabrics already.
Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Caz said...

We have a fabulous quilting shop in my home town. I love to just WANDER around it, looking at colours, patterns and feeling textures! Sadly, I'm inept at quilting... but I like to pretend!!