Sunday, March 22, 2009

Eye Spy ... Something in my Garden

I have to admit I am not much of a green thumb, that is more Glen's domain. Honestly I do do things in this house, it just isn't in the kitchen or the backyard. Best I keep him round I guess. In the time of BC (before children) Glen had a great collection of bonsais, this is the last remaining soul and he loves it. Thanks to Beyond Pink and Blue for the lovely theme and I am hoping The Byron Life can bring us something beautiful for next week.
Always one for the dual post of late, hanging out with the bonsai is my finished Poppy from Hop Skip Jump, or Polly Dolly as we have named her to avoid confusion. She is feeling much better now she has a head and some clothing. She is fitting in very well, with Poppy already getting her into a sleep, eat and dance routine. Apparently she is very font of gingerbread men that Caleb cooked yesterday, I can't blame her Caleb is quite the cook.

13 comments:

CurlyPops said...

What a fab photo! Polly lloks very happy hanging out in the garden with her bonsai. She definitely looks much prettier with a head sewn on.

Jetta's Nest said...

I'd love a bonsai! Polly looks great too :)

Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous bonsai! I have to admit, I thought the "something beautiful" was Polly though!!

Miss Muggins said...

I love Polly (you did a great job), oh and I used to love bonsais in another life!

Bek said...

Polly looks great, as does the bonsai. I have killed a couple of those in the past. (Bonsais, not pollys)

Christina Lowry said...

I must say, I agree with everone else! They are both beautiful! What a great photo too. I'm afraid I have killed my fair share of bonsais too. We have a severy outside now with pot plants on it that hubby calls 'death row', because it is only a matter of time...

Lilli boo said...

I love the wall colour as the backdrop for the well kept bonsai and Polly the Dolly....great composition.....That wall colour is a real feature!

sophie said...

This is such a lovely photo. Polly Dolly looks at home, like she has aways been there!

Anastasia said...

Polly looks so cute outin the garden!!
I wish i had a green thumb too...sadly i dont and our garden remains neglected!

Liesl said...

I'm glad you pointed out that Polly is sitting next to a bonsai ... for a moment there I thought you had sewn an 8 foot tall doll!

She's looks beautiful, by the way. Felt sure Poppy would have her before her birthday!!

Anonymous said...

very cute...love Polly as much as the bonsai

Mon @ bpab said...

That's a great photo Cindy!
Mr bpab had a bonsai for many years.... it's gone to miniature heaven now.
It's nice you have something in the shot that is by you and by your man. I like that!

Anna said...

Polly is so cute, and she looks so happy hanging out there with her bonsai... and who wouldn't.