Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Creative Space

Apparently I have managed to loose yet another week and it has bee a busy one too. Unfortunately still can’t shake this bloody sickness so am having next week off work which is a big deal since I don’t get paid. This may mean that there is either more of me around or less – who knows.063

There was a great time to be had at Sew It Together and lots of people have managed to share the fun long before my sorry organisation. Sophie was an absolute pleasure to have at our place for the weekend and the kids would of happily sneaked into her suitcase. The Saturday craft extravaganza was great and lots of truly adorable ladies and even though there was a lot of stitching time it doesn’t look like there was much achievement. There was unspoken plans to finish off the last 3 panels needed and half way through 1 is the most progress managed. I figure on the couch stitching still counts as rest for next week.

untitled

Sheridan did a thoroughly amazing job organising and sponsors and gorgeous goodie bags – too good really. I was so lucky to win a $50 gift voucher from Funky Fabrics – it was burning a hole in my pocket - so many projects to choose from and gorgeous fabrics to do them with until I saw this newly listed Birch fabric. If I was a fabric collection this is exactly what I would be, chairs, animals, birds! A lap quilt in all the chairy colourful goodness and divine mid-century frivolity, so excited. There may be a little quilting to do while on the couch next week too! (Glen finds my love of the chair a little strange, though I am not alone.)

Check out more at Kirsty’s the Queen of Thursdays

12 comments:

Kirsty said...

Ooooh look at those frenchies.

Get better soon Cind.

Cindy said...

Love that mustard colour in the chairs.
Get well soon, it's a pain isn't it?! The girls and I have had it for the past week - coughing our lungs out...it hurts now. Over it...

74 Lime Lane said...

Love the fabric!!
Your stitching is coming beautifully, I hope you get better soon. There's seems to be a lot of that around.

Jodie said...

Cindy, Just a quick thankyou again for that lightbulb embroidery moment...
I hope you feel better soon- take care of yourself!

teddybearswednesday said...

Oh cindy I do hope this awful sickness goes away, it's really like a rude guest that won't leave xo

Michelle said...

Gorgeous fabric. Hope you are on the mend soon.

Leah said...

Great fabric choice. Feel better soon.

Michelle said...

Gee, still under the weather...I do hope it goes away soon! I'm also a fan of that fabric, tres cute.

Kate said...

Oh Cindy you poor thing. Let's hope a week off is all you need to finally get rid of it. So ace to meet you last week and I LOVE that fabric. can't wait to see what you do with it.

Tania said...

There's a love of the chair over here too, so tell Glen 'so ner'.

homespundiva said...

Your embroidery is fabulous! I can't wait to look through your blog and see what other things you are great at!

sweet emmelie said...

I can't beleive I missed meeting you at SIT. I was looking forward to finally meeting you but I guess there was so many people. Love, love all your embroidery. I'm enjoying each new eddition.