Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother’s Day Addition

mibala 005So if not today when else can a Mum brag about her kidlets, regardless of talent. As a loving mum I dragged in Caleb to the bookshop in search of an embroidery book and Caleb stumbled upon a Softie book that he HAD to have. Here is our first, a goat - can’t you tell. He traced the pattern, cut it out and after a bash at feeding the fabric through the sewing machine we ended up with a few holes so he settled on the pedal of power while I fed it through. Great practice for a boy with fine motor issues and he LOVES it.

Once we were finished it was chauffeured to the bedroom to put with his “sewn treasure collections”. I asked what that was, he informed me that it was 0 before today and now it was 1. Guess what we will be up to on the weekend for the next year.

Happy Mother’s Day to all the ladies today, mine was spent mothering – should I be surprised and they really wanted to make the most out of it so started the day at 5:30 – so lucky!

8 comments:

Carolyn said...

Well done Caleb! your work is fantastic!

It sure did give me the warm fuzzies reading that!

And happy mothers day mum!

Cathie said...

wow!! I'd be bragging too.
well done Caleb.

Stomper Girl said...

Excellent goat Caleb, you superstar. It must almost make Mummy not mind about the 5,30 am (ouch!) start.

Sally said...

Uber ace goat you've got there!!!

That Caleb of yours is one creative kid - BRAVO to him.

muralimanohar said...

Go Caleb! That goat rocks! :D Very impressive for a first project!! :D

Heh, it's mothers day here today...I've been up for an hour and a half, on the second load of laundry, washed some dishes that didn't get done last night, got a good start on yardwork, already had breakfast (so much for the breakfast in bed thing :p ), taken the dog out to pee....and not one of the others is awake yet. Happy Mother's Day to me. :p

BrisStyle said...

Wow that's so cool! Maybe Caleb will develop a flair for sewing!!

Cindy, I've searched for your address in my emails and can't track it down, can you send it again so I can get your package off....it's make me feel ever so slack :)

Tania said...

OK, I'll pay you the bit about the 5.30 being somewhat less than ideal. But what a child softie PRODIGY you have on your hands! And as if you mind sitting at the sewing machine on weekends...

Little Munchkins said...

Well done Caleb, that softie looks amazing!