Monday, February 9, 2009

Handmade Help

So I spoke to Pip, the crafter queen and her suggestion was to start its own blog of Handmade Help for all items in regards to the Victorian fires auctions.
I am always so impressed with the blogging communities generosity. especially since I am still relatively new. The outpouring of emotions over the horrid week-end Victorian fires is palpable everywhere you look. Death toll continuing to rise well into 3 figures, so many homes, and animals and dreams gone. I am hoping we can make a difference here.
The best way to co-ordinate all the people that are wanting to help is if everyone handles there own
Ebay auction and sends on their goods and donations directly. Here I am hoping to post links to what everyone has up for auction with an end time and hopefully pictures so that everyone knows what goodies are on offer. I am also hoping that people will give me an end total as well so we can have a little running tally. Here is some guidance on how to make a listing, if you have any dramas please let me know.
It is nice to know that community is not just your next door neighbours, it is all of us.

5 comments:

flossy-p said...

You champion!

zoesquid said...

What a great idea. I cant imagine what those poor people are going through right now!

Jade said...

What a great idea Cindy - it's so hard to imagine just how devastating it must be for these people and their families. Well done!

edward and lilly said...

Keep up the good work Cindy, you're a gem!

Megan.K. said...

Cindy, just wanted to say what you are doing over there is hardcore awesome super unreal amazing and excellent!
Love it. Glad you have Pip helping too because I predict you will be swamped by the outpouring of crafty goodness headed that way.
Take care
x