Monday, February 9, 2009

Handmade Help

So I spoke to Pip, the crafter queen and her suggestion was to start its own blog of Handmade Help for all items in regards to the Victorian fires auctions.
I am always so impressed with the blogging communities generosity. especially since I am still relatively new. The outpouring of emotions over the horrid week-end Victorian fires is palpable everywhere you look. Death toll continuing to rise well into 3 figures, so many homes, and animals and dreams gone. I am hoping we can make a difference here.
The best way to co-ordinate all the people that are wanting to help is if everyone handles there own
Ebay auction and sends on their goods and donations directly. Here I am hoping to post links to what everyone has up for auction with an end time and hopefully pictures so that everyone knows what goodies are on offer. I am also hoping that people will give me an end total as well so we can have a little running tally. Here is some guidance on how to make a listing, if you have any dramas please let me know.
It is nice to know that community is not just your next door neighbours, it is all of us.

5 comments:

flossy-p said...

You champion!

zoesquid said...

What a great idea. I cant imagine what those poor people are going through right now!

Jade said...

What a great idea Cindy - it's so hard to imagine just how devastating it must be for these people and their families. Well done!

edward and lilly said...

Keep up the good work Cindy, you're a gem!

Megan: The Byron Life said...

Cindy, just wanted to say what you are doing over there is hardcore awesome super unreal amazing and excellent!
Love it. Glad you have Pip helping too because I predict you will be swamped by the outpouring of crafty goodness headed that way.
Take care
x