Monday, July 19, 2010

Pink jacket Version 2

jacket 029jacket 021 Half way through I was concerned it wasn’t turning out as good as the plan in my head. Poppy was certain that it had to be pink, but was it too purple - so added on the pink butterflys at the pink ric rac toggles and thin pink ribbon to highlight the seam details. On the original jacket the toggles would come undone, but these are much shorter and seem to work much better. The bottom of the sleeves are trimmed with the selvedges, don’t you  love the fuzzy selvedges on wool? The fabric was a perfect weight for the jacket and she didn’t seem to mind it wasn’t as soft as her old one – in fact she loved it – thank goodness. Sorry for the pics, the weather has not been very conducive of late.jacket 023013

11 comments:

Sally said...

Oh my... there is no way that I would let my children eat icecream in clothes that I had made them... they're so messy. I am SO impressed in the neat and tidy way that Poppy is eating her pink icecream. Brilliant. Marvellous. Oh so clever and co-ordinated.

... oh yeah - and the coat is ace too ;)

Carolyn said...

that coat looks wonderful! Love the fabric combos you have chosen. Well done. And happy birthday Poppy.

CurlyPops said...

It's gorgeous Cindy, and it looks soooo nice and warm too. The perfect replacement!

Mary said...

the butterfly toggles finish it off perfectly!

Andi said...

How did I miss this post?
What a gorgeous coat!
(Don't let Poppy get the idea that if she keeps leaving her coats at the park, you'll keep making newer, pinker ones).
Andi x

teddybearswednesday said...

It's totally utterly gorgeous Cindy and I love the toggles.
But I can't believe she's eating ICE CREAM in this weather!!!! XO

Monique said...

Cindy, jacket number two is more beautiful than the first. The trimmings are gorgeous and a second chance to get the toggles perfect. Yeah for you!

Stomper Girl said...

It's just lovely. My kids can eat icecream in the freezing cold too, I think they're mental.

Megan.K. said...

This is so clever Cindy. Love the colours.
Poppy is such a cutie
xo

Michelle said...

Wow, this jacket is amazing, Cindy!

Anna said...

That coat is amazing, I love the lining fabric it's so cute. And can I just say I think parsley might be the best dressed elephant on the planet.