Monday, March 5, 2012

‘stache dress

My new dress made out of my favourite fabric possibly ever. Unfortunately my camera didn’t want to turn on so phone photos will have to do…

122 121

Pattern and fabric. The pattern was really easy and the cut is flattering, the only decision I am toying with is length … whether to keep it at below knee or shorten it to above. There is a little left over fabric for some cute pockets for Caleb winter pants and an excellent suggestion from Mary for a hair tie with ‘stache.

9 comments:

Renee | About a Bugg said...

Well done Cindy - it's lovely!! Love that fabric so much xx

bec said...

Great dress! I love it too, and a yard arrived for me last week, yay! I'd make it knee or above knee length- lower than knee is too frumpy, I've decided (for dresses in general, not just you haha).

Sally said...

Uber cool! It will be a conversation starter without doubt. Love it. Go above the knee - it is a fresh style with a fresh fabric - keep it perky and light and hem above the knee.

So good to see you in blogland by the way!!! I see your tweets from time to time so I do keep in vague touch.

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

OH MY GOD!!! That fabric!!! going to get it right now!!!! love it and love the frock

Lisa said...

That looks fabulous! Go the stache!

sophie said...

It's fab - a great simple dress for such quirky fabric.

::The Beetle Shack:: said...

I LOVE the fabric, i can see why you adore it. Smart but playful.

For me, the length is perfect- the fabric makes it fun- the hem line doesn't have to... if you know what I mean!

xo em

Kate Sins said...

That fabric is wonderful. If only I could sew... I think on the knee is a great length.

Lovely to meet you today, kate x

Kate (herenowbrowncow) said...

That fabric is awesome!