Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Creative Space

021

LOOK, I made something out of wool .. and it can be worn …. by a human ….. in public. Sure I had to pull it apart and start again about 4 times, but mostly due to charging in and not reading and understanding the instructions. Even with that crochet is really enjoyable - the motion speaks to me … well the motion of the treble stitch cause that is all I can do. I have started another hat – for Caleb or Glen depending on how big it finishes! Footnotes of thanks to Miss Kat and Miss Mary xx .

Creative wishing well and a fresh cuppa apparently at Miss Kirst’s

14 comments:

Tania said...

You have no idea how wide is the smile on my dial.

teddybearswednesday said...

YAY!!! Crochet's great isn't it? Like you I love the actual motion of it, more than knitting somehow. the hat is super xo

LionessLady said...

Love the little gnomey top to it!

Kate said...

How cute is that!
Clever you starting with something to wear rather than a granny rug that takes forever. Way more instant and fun. And I'm with Poppy, I want to be a butterfly when I grow up too.

ps the word thingy is calling me a lezzo!

Maxabella said...

I think it's great and definitely fit for human-wearing! Isn't the yarn cute!! Like baker's twine. Very 'now'! x

sweet emmelie said...

that is so darn cute. You should be proud, very proud! I still haven't mastered the art of crochet, not that I have really tried but one day....

Unknown said...

Awww yay, That is quite a fabulous start!!

Jodie said...

awww man ! I feel like the whole world can speak crochet except me...
I do love the red and white !!!

Cate said...

It's soooo cute - one day I hope to be able to say that I too made something that can be worn by a human :-)
xxxCate

Koo said...

Three giant red & white cheers for you Cind.

Miss Milla's said...

Looks great. Crochet is fab, and a great way to whip up beautiful handmade gifts. Good job!!

spectacularfairywren said...

lovely plain things

Fiona said...

Crochet rocks ... wish I'd discovered that before last year!! Great hat and have fun making more!

Alisa said...

What a fabulous first effort! You must be chuffed Cindy, it's too cute!!