Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Creative Space

4971704111_4a3967419f_mNearly up to binding – yay! (it is the stripy fabric at the bottom of the photo) My deadline was this week but the good thing about the ones I set in my own brain I can extend it out a week.  

4972310160_87d8969a6c_mCaleb has a dress-up  birthday party on this week-end, so filling Batman request.

4971701127_da98325d4a_mAnd the present for the birthday girl – a Poppy girl with some white outfits that she can decorate with glitter pens. Not having any 6 year old girls I am hoping that she likes the idea.

More creative goodness over at Kirsty’s. Thank you too for all your lovely words about Caleb.

I forgot to mention that you  can get your lovely Poppy pattern from the equally lovely Fiona.

14 comments:

amity ville boronia said...

That doll is adorable. I would have loved it when I was 6. (And would still love it now honestly)

Leni and Rose said...

Yay! It's looking Amazing!

Penny (Pocket Carnival) said...

The Poppy girl is such a great idea!! I think any little girl or boy would love to be able to create outfits for their toys - perfect!

LeelaBijou said...

What a fantastic idea! Great job :)

Michelle said...

I think your birthday present will be a big hit! The quilt is looking lovely, and you are doing a great job on the Batman costume.

Tania said...

Sweet Poppy girl! Am hoping to see the fabulous quilt in person tonight and I can't imagine how brimming over the dress up box at yours must be...

Jessi said...

you should totally sell those poppygirls with pens as a little crafty gift pack!

i love it!

teddybearswednesday said...

It's looking amazing! Can't wait to see it all bound up.
Loving your Poppy too xo

littlebetty said...

Love the dolly idea - surely any kid would like to help create their toys.

Stomper Girl said...

Having only boy-children, I'm pretty taken with your Batman costume - looking really good!

Kim W. said...

yes batman!!! For me boys are hard when it comes to making things, especially gifts.you got boys down though!!

Susan L (lily40au) said...

your little doll is so sweet ... i'm sure it'll be so well received.

My Creative Space

Sally said...

YAY! You're nearly at the binding. Good on you.
Now everytime I see that batman logo I think of tonsils - Thanks Tania of M&E!

Tam @ 1/4 of an inch said...

The quilt looks AMAZING Cindy...can't wait to see t finished, beautiful work. xxt