Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Creative Space

Creative space 006 I was thinking there hadn’t been much creative since last week - the day after the circus Caleb got a horrid cold and conjunctivitis  and has lovingly shared it with Poppy and me. The stuff out of noses this week could stunt double for Jaba the Hutt (though I haven’t been moved to whip out my gold bikini and hair buns). We are slowly on the mend now but we finally got around to making a dinosaur badge that he has been asking for for ages. He loved them so much that as you can see they have grown into a collection (he is a boy who loves a collection!) Yesterday when he told me he was going to make dinosaur badges with his son it seemed even more special – there is a lot to be said for felt, safety pin and some cardboard.

Creative space 008 And of course, some embroidery on the couch is perfect when you are feeling under the weather. This was aided by Glen taking the kids out on Sunday morning for me to have some time – it has never happened before, but sooo good. Brownie points for him, which he used all up when I showed him said embroidery to be asked what was it! Can you tell she is blowing a dandelion. He suggested adding some yellow so you can see it better – what do you reckon? I added a little texture to it as well.

For more creative spaces pop over to Kirst’s, the house of luova sankari (see you aren’t the only one that whip out a little Finnish, lets hope the translator was nice to me)

22 comments:

teddybearswednesday said...

Oh Cindy, you're not sick again!! You poor thing.
I love the dino badges, and your embroidery is just soooo gorgeous, you can totally tell she's blowing a dandelion xo

sophie said...

The badges are awesome, how to make those tiny little cuts??? Sorry to hear you are sick again, that's stinky! I could SO tell she was blowing a dandelion, it's soft and subtle like the flower itself, love it!

Stomper Girl said...

The dino badges are completely ace. And of course she is blowing a dandelion.

Anonymous said...

I knew instantly that she was blowing dandelions. I think it is perfect the way it is.

Kim W. said...

the badges are really cool! i would totally wear one! :D i love dinosaurs! iv been sick the last few weeks too... not fun! drink lots of yummy lemon tea with honey. feel better! xx

Andi said...

Love the badges and the embroidery (I think the yellow does help!!).
Feeling well enough to come tonight or do you need an early night in bed with a cuppa and a hot water bottle?

Mary said...

love the badges, the look very boy scout. I think I have a new favourite embroidery panel too. I'm a sucker for blowing dandelions

Cloud said...

Those dinos are sweet!

Kirsty said...

Cind... I think that the translator was FAR too kind. x

Hooray for the stitching. I think that the dandelion looks quite magical.

Kate said...

Oh no, you poor things!
Hope you are all over it for the rest of the season now.
LOVE the embroidery! And you can totally tell. X

74 Lime Lane said...

oh i hope you are all feeling better soon, that's no fun
and can totally see a dandelion ~ all the little seeds are just gorgeous

flossy-p said...

That's so sweet you've inspired someone. Those dinosaur patches ARE inspirational!

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

Pffft... of course it is a dandelion- it is so sweet I love it!!

Angie said...

Great dino badges, they would be a hit in many-a-house.

And I could see the dandilion blowing straight of....he was probably still in looking-after-kids-only-a-quick-look mode!

Curse those bugs that do the rounds!

Michelle said...

I love those dino badges - very cool!

Hope you're all feeling better soon, spring is almost here!

Cathie said...

ahh, there's nothing like a good collection and that is definitely an excellent one!
and what a lovely girl you are creating there..even when you are sick.
hope you are all better soon Cindy

My Handmadehappiness said...

love the blowing of dandelions i seen is straight away such good stitching... get well soon x

Snooze said...

i quite understand his fondness for dinosaur badges ... they look wonderful. i hope everybody is well, you've been so horribly unwell i can't imagine.
My Creative Space

Sally said...

I think Glenn needs glasses.

Now... how do you make those fantastic dinosaur badges???

Karen said...

Don't change her - she's perfect Cindy!! Clearly your man has never blown a dandelion into the wind and made a wish.
Love the badges.

Tamara said...

You know how much I love this embroidery your doing, gorgeous work Cindy. xt

Bellgirl said...

Oh how lovely, I know a little boy who would be wild about the dinosaur badges!